Scarlett
LadyBug
Luke
Buster
Vader Man
Momma Kitty
Beamer
P.D. (Puppa Dog)
Sassy Doo
Miss Daisy
Lucky
Mr. Rocco
Cherokee
Sadie "Good Girl"
Allie "Alligator"
Baby Roo
Kitty Kat Kenny
Nickel "Pickle Head"
Syndol
Nicki
.
.
.
.

Mr. Rocco...


Mr. Rocco
well, it's about time to get back to the the introductions...
Mr. Rocco is the oldest beagle mix that we have. We got him from the local shelter and he is the newest of the JBAD beagles.  As the story goes, Mr. Rocco was brought in to the local shelter with his best friend because the family that had them were unable to take care of them any more. I was visiting the shelter one day and noticed him in the pen huddled in the corner with his head down. I stopped and tried to get him to come over to me but no luck. I asked the shelter staff what was his story? They told me that he had been brought in with his friend and that the other dog had gotten sick and didn't make it. Mr. Rocco was clearly mourning for his friend.
I never got to see his friend but i was told he was a beagle mix also and that they were the best of buddies. As i looked back at him i got the biggest lump in my throat. I went into the pen and sat down beside Mr. Rocco and started to pet him. He would not raise his head for me or move at all. I talked to him about what a good boy he was and how i wished i could have helped some how with his friend. I could honestly feel that Mr. Rocco was not going to make it much longer himself. The shelter was going to give him a little more time to try and adopt him out. As i sat there a knew i would not be able to get up and leave this dog. The shelter was very surprised when i told them that we wanted to adopt him. Mr. Rocco fit in very well with the other dogs. He loves his pen, bed and blankets. He will only drink water from his bucket and can't wait for his daily treats. Mr. Rocco has come a long way in just the few years that he has been with us. To see him run and play with the other dogs in the back yard brings a BIG smile to my face. His new "thing" lately is that he has turned into a back yard hunter. He keeps his nose to the ground, sniffing for anything that may have tracked through the yard during the night. He will roll on his back in the grass and i swear sometimes i can see him forget all things from the past. When i pet him everyday i reach under his chin and get him to look me in the eye and tell him what a good boy he is. When i ask him if he is ready to go back in, he takes off running for the back door and he turns, wagging his tail, waiting for me to catch up he looks up and it's then i know he is truly back to "Just Being A Dog"...