Scarlett
LadyBug
Luke
Buster
Vader Man
Momma Kitty
Beamer
P.D. (Puppa Dog)
Sassy Doo
Miss Daisy
Lucky
Mr. Rocco
Cherokee
Sadie "Good Girl"
Allie "Alligator"
Baby Roo
Kitty Kat Kenny
Nickel "Pickle Head"
Syndol
Nicki
.
.
.
.

Luke...




Or should we say Lukeeee? This seems to be the name we all call him. "Little Lukeeee" comes by his name in size. Low to the ground with short legs, the "little" part fits him well. We first noticed Luke by way of the local news paper. The local shelter was running a weekly ad for adoptions and there he was. Lukes picture gave him a look as if he was smiling for the camera. We would later learn that the way Luke held one side of his mouth made him look like he was smiling. I will try hard to get and post a picture with him doing this. We both just knew that this smiling dog would have no trouble getting adopted. Well as luck would have it, i guess a lot of people may have thought the same thing. One week, two weeks and a third week went by and to our surprise there was Luke and his smile back in the paper. No one had adopted him.
The following Monday i rode by the shelter and thought that i would check in and see if the smiling beagle had finally got adopted. As i walked around the pens saying my hellos and petting heads of all of the great dogs awaiting adoption, there was Luke. His head popped up, he saw me and came running to the gate barking in his loud normal look at me self. His tail a wagging and licking my hand through the pen telling me the entire time "please pick me". As a talk to him and telling him how good he was he started to calm down. I continued rubbing his head as he sat down and turn his head to me and gave me that "Smile". The picture i wish i had that day was the one of me seeing him smile for the first time. My smile went from ear to ear as i looked at Luke. So as you might know by now i made my mind up to adopt Luke. As i asked about his info at the front desk, the nice staff member looked at me and said "you made it just in time". As if it was meant to be, this was Lukes last day at a chance to be adopted. Luke was scheduled to be put down the following day. As i signed the adoption papers and Luke came running out of the pen area to me at the front desk i reached down and put his lease on and out the front door we went. Luke sat up in the front seat of my truck for his ride to his new forever home. If you would have saw us that day you would of thought Luke had done this ride many times. He so enjoys riding and Luke fits in very well with the rest of the dogs. His buddy is Mr. Rocco who has the pen next to his. The two boy beagles like to think they are running things but we all know the girl beagles are in charge. Luke takes his annual road trip with C for the "bring your dog to work day". He loves the ride and all of the attention he gets at her office. The snacks everyone gives him doesn't hurt either. He sleeps most of the way home after a long day visiting with everyone. As our other dogs greet him back, luke slowly walks getting into his pen, lays down with his blanket and all is back to a normal day of "Just Being A Dog"...